I just finished reading Confessions by Saint Augustine, written around 400AD. Many consider it the first autobiography, and it may be, but it is most definitely a 350 page prayer of thanks from Augustine to God. I also have a lot to be thankful for; since the pandemic started, I’ve been healthy, as have my loved ones. I’m thankful for the available vaccines and the fact that we live in an area with very high vaccine rates (73%).
I’m also thankful for our teachers, who’ve been so flexible in their teaching, regardless of whether their students are in-person or learning virtually. They’ve done a great job of masking up, keeping their teaching stations clean and following the Academy’s health procedures.
I’m thankful for the music and dance families, who’ve trusted us to keep their children safe, and still give them high quality instruction. Your kids are fortunate to be able to continue their music and dance education, and that’s due to your faith and trust.
And, of course, I’m very thankful to our students! They’ve stayed flexible, too, whether online or masked up and back in-person, as more and more are joining us at the Academy. We love having you as our students!
Please note that we will continue to enforce the following procedures:
· Lobby to remain closed -- only students and staff allowed in the building
· Mask use for everyone indoors
· Temperature checks and hand sanitizer upon entering the building
· No physical contact (this means no fist bumps, handshakes, high fives, etc)
· Keeping physical distance between students & students and students & staff
· Cleaning of instruments between students
· Frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces
· No food or drink allowed inside the building.
Craig Lynch, Director
The day’s are getting shorter and the kids are back in school - that means that now’s the time to get registered for Fall! We’re currently experiencing an uptick in new students, so don’t wait until the end of summer to secure your lesson time - the prime time lesson slots are going fast! Music classes are offered in-person (with mask) or on Zoom, whichever you prefer. Dance classes are masked and social distanced. We’re looking forward to having you back and learning with us!
Labor Day — Academy Closed
Daylight Saving Time—Set your clocks back an hour!
Thanksgiving Break —STAMD Closed
Tell Your Friends About STAMD and Earn Gift Cards!
Do you know that you can earn unlimited gift cards from STAMD? Let your friends know that STAMD is the best place to take music lessons or dance classes and make sure they mention your name when they register. Your friend will receive a free registration and you will earn a gift card for every friend that you refer.
We have a selection on hand, including Starbucks, Target, Lowes, Le Boulanger or Baskin Robbins!
What are you studying at Santa Teresa Academy of Music and Dance?
What kind of music do you listen to?
What are your hobbies?
I like to visit the vineyard with my Dad and also gymnastics.
What is your favorite food?
What is your favorite movie?
Raya and the Last Dragon.
What is the coolest thing you have learned in your lessons so far?
Pas de Bourree.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
· Blue is most popular crayon color, and the average child wears down 720 crayons by the age of 10!
· If you chew the same flavor of gum that you chewed while studying for a test for 5 minutes before taking the test, it can improve your memory and improve your results! (But don’t chew the gum during the test)
· The standard graphite pencil can write up to 45,000 words during its lifetime!
· In Finland, kids don’t start school until the age of 7, and yet they have one of the most successful education systems.
Many of our teachers have almost full schedules! If you need a schedule change or would like to be added to a waiting list for a specific time, please contact our office staff. If you are not a student yet, there are still limited lesson spots available.
To inquire about openings for October, please contact us at 408-226-8742 or email@example.com
Mr. Quentin (drums & guitar): Monday - SOLD OUT / Thursday - 1 spot / Friday - SOLD OUT
Mr. Craig (piano & guitar): Monday / Friday / Saturday - SOLD OUT
Mr. Kris (guitar & ukulele): Tuesday - SOLD OUT / Wednesday - 2 spots / Thursday - 3 spots
Mr. Jeremy (piano, guitar & voice): Tuesday - 2 spots / Wednesday - 2 spots /Thursday - 1 spot / Saturday - 1 spot
Miss Jessica (piano): Tuesday - 1 spot / Friday - SOLD OUT
Miss Jane (piano): Tuesday - SOLD OUT / Wednesday - 1 spot / Thursday - 2 spots
Mr. Joshua (piano): Monday / Thursday - SOLD OUT / Saturday - 1 spot
Miss Lori (violin): Thursday - 1 spot / Saturday - SOLD OUT
Mr. Angel (guitar & piano): Friday - 1 spot
Mr. Nate (piano): Monday - 3 spots
Miss Galina (guitar & voice): Tuesday - 3 spots / Friday - SOLD OUT / Saturday - 1 spot
Miss Yelena (piano): Tuesday - 4 spots / Wednesday - 1 spot
Mr. Brian (voice & piano): Wednesday - SOLD OUT / Friday - 1 spot
Mr. Sergio (violin): Wednesday - 1 spot
· Graham created 181 ballets over her 70 year career!
· Graham was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1976.
· In the 1920’s, Graham created her own dance technique, which exposed the depths of human emotion through movements that were sharp, jagged and angular.
· Famed choreographers, Merce Cunningham, Paul Taylor and Twyla Tharp began their careers in Graham’s company.
· TIME magazine named Graham the Dancer of the Century!